Do Bearded Dragons Sleep?
Yes they do sleep. They tend to stay in the same spot when they sleep and don’t move unless they are woken suddenly.
Here’s some observations about Bearded dragons and their sleeping habits.
- They tend to spread out their limbs.
- Their coloring may get brighter.
- They may get a little tetchy if they are woken up.
- They can waken very quickly if needed
- They can go to sleep anywhere, but tend to retreat to somewhere where they feel they wont be disturbed.
- They can go to sleep in elevated positions, on the ground or dig themselves a place to sleep.
- They tend to sleep with their eyes closed.
- They can also be very alert when they sleep, sometimes with their eyes open to keep
- They can go to sleep at angles on branches as well or even attached to vertical surfaces
- They can vary in terms of how long they sleep for, it can be anything from 10-14 hours in length.