1. Its scientific name is Pogona Vitticeps
2. Its scientific classification is as follows;
3. It is also known as the Yellow headed bearded dragon
4. It is found mainly in Central Australia
5. At maturity it measures up to 60cm in length from the tip of its tail to the tip of its snout. This makes it the longest species of bearded dragon.
6. It’s tail accounts for half its length
7. It enjoys areas of rocky desert and dry forest and shrubland.
8. It is the species of bearded dragon that is kept widely as a pet around the world.
9. They are very good climbers and can spend much of their time perched on fenceposts, tree stumps and other high objects.
10. They are known for basking on exposed branches or rocks in the morning and early evening enjoying the sunlight.
11. They retreat to areas of shade or underground burrows during the hottest parts of the day to escape the heat.
12. When they fell threatened they hiss in a soft manner.
13. They communicate to each other by bobbing ther or heads, waving their legs, changes of posture and displays of color.